Build Log Project Sleipnir [Image Heavy]

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Badkarma said:
Siiiiiiiick!
that reminds me, I need to start my build log since Im just now waiting on tax refund (scurrys over to start my own thread)
haha yes start making your build log! chiop chop! :p Oh and you'll love that Seasonic PSU they have replaced PC Power and Cooling in my heart (which was a hard thing to do).

Badkarma

Horsemen
Yeah you pretty much sold me on them. I was on the fence about getting a Corsair. Specially since they sell those sleeved cable sets. I hear to many bad things about Corsair PSUs. I'd rather not have to RMA a unit right at the start of a build lol. I can live without the sleeved cables.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
yea the Crosair ones are nice, but they have had issues with some of their lines. I use their new i line which is all digital but mainly stick to the PC Power or Seasonics.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
The Paracord arrived but I was unable to take some photos of it, next days off. Also got an email from my manager that a "beat up looking package from Germany" arrived yesterday. So this would be my rads and other coolers, hopefully everything is in good condition.

Badkarma

Horsemen
Oh man. considering whats inside, hearing "beat up looking package" would send chills down my spine. Hope all arrives in good order.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Lol lots, let's see

Mainboard
Cpu
Ram
Video cards
Koolance connections
Fans
1000w psu
Wire for psu connectors
Psu pins and connections

And other stuff I seem to be forgetting lol.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Lol bk, I'm ordering as fast as I can. Had an unexpected bills last month so that killed ordering anything major. I want all the water stuff first before the hardware ;-)

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Will post pictures tomorrow BK of all the stuff that has come, as all the monitoring stuff came today....well most of it some is back ordered :(

Badkarma

Horsemen
That reminds me. I emailed MSI to see if those 4g GXT680's we want were discontinued. Havnt heard anything back yet. Once I do I'll let ya know. I have a feeling it may be since the they are marketing a 690 now. *grumbles*

Badkarma

Horsemen
Yeah, no one has them. Well, Asus does have a 4g DDR5 680. Never been a fan though. Since you are going liquid cooling though it may work out for you. I'm leaning towards the 680 lighting. Now a twin frozer 690 would be badass. But with two GPU's it would be huge

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
I like Asus mainboards so don't mind using their video cards. But I need to figure out if the card is a reference design or not, going to send them an email to see will also send one to Watercool to see if the blocks will fit that card.