Build Log Project Sleipnir [Image Heavy]

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
oh and this is the reply I got back from Water Cool about water block compatibility.

Water Cool said:
Hello,

the ASUS Direct CU II series (DC2) uses always a custom layout. Reference as our Heatkiller GPU-X³ GTX 680 blocks will not fit here.

If you are searching for a 4GB reference card, you can choose one of those cards:

Club 3D GeForce GTX 680, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (CGNX-X688)
EVGA GeForce GTX 680, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (04G-P4-2686)
Gainward GeForce GTX 680 Phantom, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (2524) EAN 4260183362524
Palit GeForce GTX 680 JetStream, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (NE5X680010G2J-1040J)
Zotac GeForce GTX 680, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (ZT-60103-10P)

I highly recommend EVGA because of there warranty policy. You will not lose your warranty by installing a third party block. You can read it here. http://www.evga.com/support/faq/?f=57720

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,
Christian Bernhard
Sales & Marketing

Watercool e.K.
Zum Mevenbruch 6
D-17192 Waren-Warenshof
Germany

Tel. 03991-1822980
Fax. 03991-187602
http://www.watercool.de

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Got my first evga card, on sale right now for $510, will try and pick up another one monday and then just order two online. There is a limit of two per customer so I am hoping it is just at the counter and I can get all four for that price lol.

Badkarma

Horsemen
Niiiiiice!!! Those are going to look good with those blocks on them

still working on getting my second. Got the sales manager out here for MSI trying to track one down for me.

Badkarma

Horsemen
Looks like Im in luck

Hello,

this card is made in reference design. Our HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX 680 will fit, if MSI did not changed the pcb layout.

Christian Bernhard
Sales & Marketing

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
That's odd as he didn't put it on the list of cards in his reply to me. By chance did you give the model number and mention it's a 4GB card?

Badkarma

Horsemen
yup. Told him I had two MSI 680GTX 4G/OC cards that I wanted to run with their blocks. I will email back and re verify on the 4g

Badkarma

Horsemen
Looks like my shopping list just got a bit longer

Hello,

yes this is no problem. The additional RAM will be relized with other RAM components with same dimensions and positions. Or the additional RAM components are placed on the rear. In both cases our block will fit.
Christian Bernhard
Sales & Marketing

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Lol well damn oh well at least I'm still able to get the Evga cards, NCIX has stopped listing the MSI ones.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Ya I know, which is why I want to hurry and get the Evga ones since they are starting to go out of stock now. Stupid bills coming out of nowhere are sacking me :-(

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
So a long due update. I have all four GTX 680 video cards and just placed the order for my Koolance Quick Disconnects, i will be using the new QD3's. So now here is what's left to order

1000W Seasonic PSU
ASUS Rampage mainboard
Intel i7 socket 2011 CPU of some sort
Wire for the cables
Connectors for the custom cables
Pins for the custom cables

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Better pictures coming soon, bought a new macro lens and a product photography tent.... yea money taken away from computer but oh well its my other hobby lol.