Build Log Project Sleipnir [Image Heavy]

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Ok so ordered th e Seasonic 1000W, Asus Rampage Extreme mainboard and 64GB of Corsair DDR3 Dominator Platinum RAM 1655$CDN.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Biggest cost was the RAM, was hoping to get the 2400Mhz version but NCIX doesn't sell it anymore so I had to settle for the 2133 stuff. Tomorrow I will go through and make a list of things I need from moddiy and order it, biggest expense there will be the gold plated pins at .29$/each :O although the connector sets do come with pins I want the high quality stuff lol. Then I need to learn how to make SATA cables, etc *ug* still lots to do!

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Well it has been sometime since I have updated you all on how this is going.

Ordered and received:
eVGA 4 way SLI bridge
64GB Corsair DDR3 RAM kit
Windows 8 Pro (ha yea i know BK)

Ordered
Cabling stuff and screws from moddiy
Intel i7-4960x
Intel DC S3700 400GB SSD

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Win8 because of the device sync'ing as my HTPC will eventually run it. Also MS has stated that XBOX Music will only work with Win8 in the near future, so I will be screwed for updating and getting my music with Win7 :(. That and I early adopt every OS for some stupid reason.

Ordered a 900D just so i can get the machine up and running under air while I buy the rest of the water cooling stuff and then try and make sure the MM case is good to go.

Allora

Horsemen
Windows 8.1 is a bit better.

TBH windows 8 has alot of nice things under the hood. Its all the crap they put on it... :|

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
That's the other side of things Allie, the new file copy that allows pausing and resuming and the rest of the changes under the hood will be a nice welcome addition.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Machine is up and running will post some pictures shortly (posting this from it), a few things

1. nVidia sucks ass for how they deal with multiple monitors in Windows 8. Great thing is, it is an on going problem since Windows 8 RC from looking at the GeForce forums. Why should I have to be closing my Razer software, Bluetooth and a few other things to change how the monitors are setup?!?! Oh and WTF?! do you mean I can not run display port for multi-monitors?!...yeah...I'm not overly happy about that....
2. Windows 8.1 is different, need to get something to remove the whole Start screen (looking at Start8 by StarDock), other than that the new task manager is pretty damn dope, pausing file transfers is neat, better SSD support is also nice.
3. Still getting 35 FPS in MWO when running triple monitors....Getting over 80 FPS when running one monitor, thinking that is coming down to a game issue.

Yeah those are my initial impressions so far more to come, oh and right now just running three video cards as four doesn't fit and allow me to use my front panel I/O connectors, USB 2.0/3.0 and multiple other things. So that means I need to get this thing underwater soon as the water block is .75-.50% smaller in height.

Badkarma

Horsemen
Glad you FINALLY got further down the road with this beast. Hopefully it does not stay in this stop gap form for to long and you can have it set up in the monster case for maximum water cooling overkill.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
haha you and me both BK! Once I get Photoshop installed on the machine I will get some pictures put up.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
So an update this has just been ordered today. Now I should have everything from Aqua Computer.

Code:
2 xReal Time Clock expansion module for aquaero 5 und 653127

1 xwaterblock for aquaero 5, G1/453093

1 xaquaero 6 XT USB fan controller, graphic LCD, touch control, IR remote control53146

1 xPassive heat sink for aquaero 6, black53164

2 xFrontplate for aquaero 5 und 6 XT (only art. 53125 and 53146!) aluminum black53126

4 xDouble Protect Ultra 5l canister - red53155

4 xHolder for aqualis reservoirs34043
All that is left is 12 fans, a soldering iron, wire, heat shrink and most likely some small items I can not remember off the top of my head.