Information Battletech - Alpha Strike

Aethon

Horsemen
I finally got a chance to watch the intro video.

UNITY ENGINE.

These guys are being smart about it. Unity is really easy to use, unlike CryEngine. I mean, sure, CryEngine is an engineer's wet dream...but code monkeys are not engineers, and neither are game devs. They are not just using an engine because MWLL proved it worked well; they are actually putting independent (and very smart) thought into this. I have nothing but high hopes for this.

Bring it on.

CarnageINC

Clansmen
It feels so great to see that our beloved Battletech still captivates such a large following. WOW, already double what they needed in the first few hours. Warms my heart and brings a tear to my eye.

CarnageINC

Clansmen
Just watched the video, Yep, gonna throw down $50 on the first. Go House Davion! I can see it now, my Davion loyal merc company strolling over the smoking piles of Mr. Humbles scumbag Liao loyal McCarron's Armored Cavalry merc's....yeah...can't wait! :D

CarnageINC

Clansmen
Marik fan...??? LOL, great! WooT! That makes Marik for you, Davion for me and I'm sure Liao for Humble. Any Stiener or Kurita fans out there???

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Just watched the video, Yep, gonna throw down $50 on the first. Go House Davion! I can see it now, my Davion loyal merc company strolling over the smoking piles of Mr. Humbles scumbag Liao loyal McCarron's Armored Cavalry merc's....yeah...can't wait! :D
We'll do it together, if i can make a proper RCT :D:cool:

Aethon

Horsemen
The Captain-General will have my allegiance. As The Commander Formerly Known as the Prince of Regulus, the Dogs of Davion will drown in my Purple Rain.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Don't get me wrong I'm a Clanner through and through, but the first books I read were about the Chaos March and the Federated Commonwealth. Then reading about Morgan Hasek-Davion along with Andrew Redburn and the formation of the 1st Kathil Uhlans.

Just so much history in those initial books that shaped the Battletech universe.

Badkarma

Horsemen
yup, history. Likely not to be repeated in any depth. Still, I am sure they appreciate your contribution. Though the fact that pgi is connected with this, even in the smallest way is keeping me away from this game. I won't pay real money for anything that those ratfucks have anything to do with.

Aethon

Horsemen
We really should merge these two threads, IMHO. I keep getting confused as to which I am posting in.

CarnageINC

Clansmen
A million on the first day, WooT! I think over the next 2 weeks when people are receiving some paychecks this will climb. However I wonder how far it will go? Its there enough interest in getting the full complete mulitplayer game out? I sure do hope so!

CarnageINC

Clansmen
I'll probably play Kurtia to, I don't mind those snakes to much. Stiener is a turn off because of the BK mentality, "BIGGER IS BETTER" lol, love ya BK but that only applies to your butt plugs :p Of course I can't even be bothered with the filthy Liao :eek::D

Aethon

Horsemen
Honestly, if I could play any faction, it would be Magistracy of Canopus if it had to be IS. Runners-up, in descending order, would be Marik, Steiner, then a three-way tie between Davion, Liao, and FRR.

For mercs, the 17th Recon Regiment (a.k.a. Camacho's Caballeros) would be numero uno. Second would be Snord's Irregulars. Third would be Eridani Light Horse.

Clan would be CHH, of course, followed by Coyote, then Goliath Scorpion.

Of course, we are probably restricted to the great houses at the moment...but I look forward to more options some day.