Information Battletech - Alpha Strike

CarnageINC

Clansmen
Less than a $100k till tier 3 is unlocked! WOOT! Bummer though it doesn't look like we will get our PvP mode in this iteration :(

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Ok since this has been a hot topic here is the answer to it.

[–]PnzrDrgoon 21 points 3 hours ago
What is the level of involvement with Piranha Games and what are they getting out of the deal?

[–]mmccain_hbs 23 points 2 hours ago
We're very glad Piranha agreed to share 'Mech models with us, they did a great job with the design updates and we love the idea of having that consistency to the world. Beyond that, no development involvement - we're separate companies making separate games!

[–]vaminion 4 points 2 hours ago*
So what happens if PGI pulls their permission to use the models down the line?
If PGI doesn't have a model for a mech, should we assume we won't see it in this iteration of Battletech? What about future products?

[–]aiden_is 9 points 2 hours ago*
This isn't Jordan's first rodeo when dealing with intellectual properties and licensing. He knows what he's doing, and we should trust that PGI will not have the ability to "pull their permission". But honestly, these types of business decisions really are for Jordan to answer if he feels it necessary.

[–]HighTechnocrat 4 points 2 hours ago
How much detail will we be able to see on the mechs in your game? Will we be able to zoom in really far and see as much detail as we can in MWO?
Not that I necessarily need to be able to do that in a turn-based overhead game like Battletech.

[–]mmccain_hbs 10 points an hour ago
Not sure yet! If I had to guess, we probably won't have quite the individual 'Mech fidelity of MWO, but we'd like to be able to bring the camera in fairly close when needed for some XCOM:EU-like cinematic presentation moments. How much of that we can pull off is to-be-determined still!

[–]dskou7 1 point 52 minutes ago
Any thoughts on shots from inside the cockpit for those cinematic moments? I'd love to see the pilot's perspective on some close-range kills

[–]mmccain_hbs 1 point 28 minutes ago
Not ruling it out, but from an art scope point of view it's not too likely!

Ok fixed the strike through.

Last edited:

CarnageINC

Clansmen
Some good questions, and good answers. I'm not surprised to hear about the PGI issue, kind of knew that from day one. To many paranoid people thinking PGI is murking about on this project.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Some good questions, and good answers. I'm not surprised to hear about the PGI issue, kind of knew that from day one. To many paranoid people thinking PGI is murking about on this project.
Agreed it is nice to see what I said confirmed though, that PGI is just an art house for HBS.

CarnageINC

Clansmen
Very fitting statement Dark.....PGI is now an "art house"....now say that with any accent or three times fast. :p LOL...now do you 'smell' what I'm get at? :oops:...:eek:....:D

No??? o_O Oh 'crap' then I give up. :confused:

CarnageINC

Clansmen
I should of put a question in there. "If HBS doesn't meet the PvP goals, is there plans to make additional DLC that includes this mode along with other campaign?" I sure do want that PvP mode!