Windows Windows 7 Issues with - KB 3004394

JamesMalner

Horsemen
I was trolling the web, if you haven't seen this for those of us that may run Windows 7:

"The KB 3004394 update that was dated December 10, 2014 can cause additional problems on computers that are running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the inability to install future updates. This new update is available to remove KB 3004394 from your computer."

So far the KB 3004394 update, from what I gather its a Root Certificate Update, will prevent future critical updates from Microsoft from installing, disables Windows Defender, prevents GFX Drivers from installing/updating, as well as causes User Account Control (UAC) and USB 3.0 issues.

KB 3024777 can be downloaded to correct the issue. https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777

As one article put it “Microsoft has the all-time best Windows malware delivery system.”

I'll be looking into this when I get home to see if I have this update installed. I'm wondering if this is the cause of my mouse issues as of late, the KB 3004394 update was pushed this last Tuesday (12-09-14).

Dark I just dropped this here don't know if you want to move it to another section of the forums.

CarnageINC

Clansmen
Strange, I received 8 updates for Win7 on that date and none are KB 3004394. But I don't have Windows Server 2008 either :cool:

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
I'll move it to the proper area lol.

As to the issue I remember hearing about it and I'll try and do a bit more research on it. Mr. Carnage if i remember right it's an update for both Win7 and Win2k8