Trials and tribulations of the T26E4

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Well since I started a thread for my IS-2 and how I am doing with it, I figured I would start one for my T26E4. It has been a love hate relationship so far with it, when its in a tier 7 or 8 game it is a damn fine tank and does well, but when it is put into a tier 9 game it is pretty damn frustrating.

The screens in this post are from my first few games today with it. Nothing like being in t9 games and not being able to pen a single damn thing even from the side :mad:.

The game I just finished

Yet another defeat and major loss of cash with a gold tank (don't see this often if ever with other gold tanks).

Five teammates not being able to do a single stitch of damage :confused:

Blocking 2900 damage (that is 100 HP shy of double my hit points!) and only being able to put out 586 damage, not a good ratio to say the least. Even being a massive damage sink my team just could not do anything. It also does not help that 14 shots fired with 12 hits (so at least I am accurate ;)) only 4! damn pens! :mad: that was with both APCR and HE rounds. You will not the notifications panel 39 total shots in 4 games with 31 hits :) and only 10! pens total :mad::rolleyes:o_O

Aethon

Horsemen
My gripe with that tank is that you cannot combine a low-pen gun with poor maneuverability. This is why I hated the Jadpanzer IV so much. If you are going to have low pen for your tier, you MUST have good maneuverability, so you can at least bring your gun to bear on the weaker side/rear armour of your opponents. This is also why I see no point in the Japanese Tiger.

What I keep hearing from people is that it was meant to fire gold; are you slinging APCR, or are you firing standard AP/HE?

EDIT: NVM, just saw your ammo bill...I would try sticking with AP/HE, if you want to make credits, and gold ammo if you want to get free XP.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Yup, as much as i like to drive the thing when it is in a proper T8 battle its pw0ned by too many things that can out maneuver it. The coupled with the fact that it can't pen a hell of a lot of things is the biggest frustration ever, and reading about people averaging 2k or better games makes me go WTF?! I have gotten to the point with it that I wont fire APCR unless I am trying to kill steal :O

Aethon

Horsemen
It would probably help to have a little shit like me in a light tank turning your target around, so you can shoot them in the ass. Nobody likes being flanked.

TAP DA BOOTY TAP DA BOOTY