So this is what I do

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Ok so the picture won't upload for some reason so here is a link to dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lmzrrwcfzf253o/work.png?dl=0 this is the view outside of the pump cab window.

This is the view from my drivers seat waiting for the client to be ready so we could spot the units.
2015-01-11 09.15.00.jpg

This is a picture of my unit in the front, the supervisors pickup and the other unit in behind. And yes Glam and Carnage that is a Tri-axle tractor and you can't see it but it is a tri-axle trailer also. The tractor did have a steering chain on but I threw that off when I hit the snow on the last single lane bridge.
2015-01-11 14.34.12.jpg

Now to explain a little of the top picture. We were pushing two pigs for two pipelines, in an area that is called Burnt Timber the push pin will take you to the old Shell Canada gas plant, I was further West.... http://binged.it/14OzIYL

What we were trying to accomplish was push out the liquids in the pipelines (as they both were natural gas lines) to one of their other (their being the client Centrica) facilities. This way production of the gas is higher and also doesn't foul up their process with liquids from the wells feeding it.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Ok so since Bing has good satellite view here is the exact location that I was working http://binged.it/1IFQHbU the small part on the left, the big group of buildings on the right is the Junction B Compressor Station that is now owned by Direct Energy Canada as Shell Canada has sold off all their assets in the area.

Daneiel

Clansmen
Far too much snow for a southern child like me :p , any way very nice pics , very beautiful nature :) .

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Nice...nice and cold ;)
lol it was actually -8C that day so I was happy!

Far too much snow for a southern child like me :p , any way very nice pics , very beautiful nature :) .
bah! that is actually not a lot of snow for that area, there have been times where the snow plow was making ridges a few feet high...Yes it is a very nice area, just too bad I couldn't get pictures of the mountains that are so close to their.

Daneiel

Clansmen
lol it was actually -8C that day so I was happy!

bah! that is actually not a lot of snow for that area, there have been times where the snow plow was making ridges a few feet high...Yes it is a very nice area, just too bad I couldn't get pictures of the mountains that are so close to their.
Brrrr only reading your comoent -8C and i want to go back to bed and trow another blanked over me :p. I am already missing the summer with its 30C :rolleyes:.

Daneiel

Clansmen
When i read your post from my phone before seeing the photo i was ready with comment about guns , hunting and my humble person in that matter , but sadly its not valid anymore :p , But its interesting to see these things 14" - that is 35 cm roughly , hmm i expected them to be at least 45 or 60 cm.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
When i read your post from my phone before seeing the photo i was ready with comment about guns , hunting and my humble person in that matter , but sadly its not valid anymore :p , But its interesting to see these things 14" - that is 35 cm roughly , hmm i expected them to be at least 45 or 60 cm.
biggest i have seen is 42" needed a picker truck to load it in as they are heavy as f**k. it is quite interesting, tomorrow i will have pictures of a few pigs broken/stuck in line.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Ok now that I spent a good portion of today at a fabrication shop waiting for the pipe to get cut we found the problem with the stuck ones.

This is the section that was cut out where we deemed the stuck pigs were. This is a 6" line and that is a 90 degree corner, not normally seen when pigging due to the stress they put on the pig when going through them.

Here are the foam pigs (low density) that were sent through the line before I got there to dislodge the stuck ones. As you can tell this didn't work out well as the first two were still stuck and well this is how the two foams look...

Now with the cut pipe in the fab shop this is what we found in it
The side towards the receiver

The side towards the launcher
(each ready rod you see is the centre of one pig)

This is what the whole assembly looks like brand new...

Here are pictures of those various pieces...

CarnageINC

Clansmen
Good point BK, one you will never have to worry about since any pipe of yours is large enough to allow a freight train to move through it. :eek:

Daneiel

Clansmen
Maybe my english is bad or i have bad early education or that topic start to become a bit far too strange !!!! :)

Daneiel

Clansmen
I know Dark i tried to joke that combination of my English and the BKs comment , but probably it didn't come well in the translation :) .From time to time you guys need to give me a bit of slack and use your imagination to understand what i am trying to say :p .

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
I know Dark i tried to joke that combination of my English and the BKs comment , but probably it didn't come well in the translation :) .From time to time you guys need to give me a bit of slack and use your imagination to understand what i am trying to say :p .
LOL I think we can do that ;)