Open stress test on the 24th-25th

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Cool I'll be home but attending Edmonton Comic Expo. I will try to be on during the night of they have it going 24/7, but I'm on a mission in WoT to get an E25...

CarnageINC

Clansmen
Not the Public Test Server, you want the other and as of now its not ready to download so I'll wait till the morning to try it.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
As of right now you are able to download the Early Access client, and it is downloading slowly....1.1 MB/sec so i am looking at 6 hours to download :eek:

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Cool, hopefully it's not yet another new client download.

This is what I learned from the stress test.
  • Grind doesn't seem too bad at lower tiers
  • Making sure you have a selection of ammo is required as some ammo won't pen some tanks
  • Game engine runs good

CarnageINC

Clansmen
I think there really isn't a grind in this game. By that I mean, a vehicle that sucks to use. Sure upper tiers take time to get to, that's suppose to work that way, but the vehicles themselves are fun to play. Ammo selection is key in AW since there isn't any premium ammo to use. Sabot, I've found, will often over pen certain parts of some vehicles and you won't damage a target, it just passes through. On the other hand, using HE or HEAT on ERA or some composites is a no go. Another thing I've notice is if one team camps to much they lose. Once a flank or sector falls, these vehicles are all so fast that they can exploit that quickly.