Build Log New Build (ha, finally) *new pics*

Badkarma

Horsemen
So as you all know I have been using the same rig now as I used to use back in NBT. I know you have all heard me swearing in a very un clan like manner over the comms more then once do to terrible fps. That being said, my taxes are filed and now all I need to do is wait for my return to be deposited and it will be time to order goodies. Though not as epic as a someone's build (cough cough Dark cough) it will give me allot of head room and should handle MWO without any issue. I'll go ahead and list my basic pasts list and once things get ordered and arrived pictures will go up :)

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core

Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW240A3K5 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive

CORSAIR Vengeance Performance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMZ32GX3M4A1866C9

My MSI twin frozer 560 OC edition will transfer over for the time being. plans to upgrade to a 680 are in the works.

Western Digital WD Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860 860W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

ASUS Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner (el cheapo but it will work)

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler (figured Id give it a shot)

Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Case

Wrap it all up with Win 7 64 edition.

I know there are better boards out there but this will fit with the look Im going with. Nice, clean and under stated. Perhaps once the 900D is out I can transplant it and do a nice custom liquid cooling loop for socks and googles

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Re: New Build (ha, finally)

It should be a very good machine for you bk! And yes lots of pictures :p

Badkarma

Horsemen

I cant wait to start getting some decent frame rates. I cant wait to open the boxes and smell that new electronics smell. ahhhhhh.
once the 680 twin frozer goes in, I'll be stylin.

Badkarma

Horsemen

Slight update. Components have been ordered. The case should be here on the 7th followed by the rest of the major parts the following monday. I also ordered a mount so I can put the HDD up in a optical drive (Thanks Dark!). Velcro should work for securing the SSD up there also. That will get rid of the fugly hard drive cage and keep things clean. *tic toc tic toc*

Badkarma

Horsemen

At this point BK (now speaking about himself in the 3rd person) is climbing the walls at work because his goodies are waiting for him at the UPS store while he is trapped at work. ARRRRRRHHHHHGGGG. *Pulls hair out* oh wait, that wont work. Duh.

Pics to follow in a few hours :)

Badkarma

Horsemen

Ahh the smell of new. Sadly I must wait till tomarrow morning after work to continue geeking out.

Badkarma

Horsemen

So finally a few pictures. Not that great because I was like a kid in a candy store getting things up and running. Once I tidy things up a bit more I'll snap some extra pictures. Got things all wrapped up and tested. Ugh it was torture. Letting that thing run for hours on end on prime and not being able to play. lol. It was well worth it. Goodbye 4-8 fps on uber low settings. Hello 60 fps on high. I imagine that will go up a bit once I tweak the settings on my card and comp a bit. Still. I am Extremely happy. Special thats to "Dark Delaurel's tech service" :)

Uh oh. some things never change

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Congrats on the rig bk! Anytime for the help, I enjoy it as you like learning about it. Nice work on cable management very clean. I can only hope mine will be that clean lol.

Badkarma

Horsemen
I'm sure yours will look even better. With as much time as I'm sure you have spent thinking about the plumbing and routing of things, it's sure to be a very sanitary rig :) Well, once you get started building it that is :p