1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Log It's that time again.

Discussion in 'Scientist & Technician Talk' started by Badkarma, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Badkarma

Badkarma Horsemen

As everyone knows PC's don't exactly age like wine, or ever beer for that matter. So here I am with a six year old PC. Granted I don't game nearly as much as I used to, but the old girl is showing here age. Not to mention the impending doom of windows 7 and Intel with their ever exploited poopy shoot...

So after much procrastination and some reasurances from Dark I opted to go with an AMD based rig. Having been an Intel guy my whole life this left me feeling a bit odd at first. However with team blue continuing to leave their pants solidly around their ankles in regards to vulnerabilities and stagnation in general I started doing my homework and deciding on a parts list.

Core Components

CPU: AMD 3950X (secured)
    Mobo: Asus Crosshair VIII Formula (secured)
    Ram: G. SKILL Trident Z Neo 32G kit, DDR4 3600, Timing 16-16-16-36 (secured)
    GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming. (secured)
    Storage: Intel 660P M.2 NVMe drive, 1T & 2T (secured)
    PSU: Seasonic 860W (current, awaiting reuse)

Nothing earth shattering or overboard. Just something solid that should last me a number of years.
    Though the mobo is equipped with PCIe 4.0 I opped to go with last gen ssd storage as the price is to hard to pass up and for what I will be doing I'm not give up to much for me to notice in the area of random read/writes.

Initially I had intended to just do quick swap in to my 900D case and refill the loop. Well, that didn't last long. I decided to refresh the loop and go with acrylic tubing to clean things up a bit. Also got some mod panels from cold zero to refresh the case. Ol girl has been good to me so I figured she deserved it.

Waterblocks.

CPU: Watercool Heatkiller IV for AM4 Pro Pure Copper (secured)
    GPU: Watercool Heatkiller IV For RTX 2080T Acrylic copper (secured)

Fluid transport and cooling

Pumps: Aquacomputer D5 Next quantity, 2 (secured)
    Pump Top: Bitspower Dual D5 mod top (secured)
    Tube: Bitspower crystal link clear, 16MM (secured)
    Fittings: Bitspower enhanced multi link. Color, deep blood red & black sparkle (secured)
    Reservoir: Aquacomputer aqualis 880ml. (current, awaiting reuse)
    Radiators: Alphacool Nexus 480s, X2 (current, awaiting reuse)
    Fans: Noctua NF-F12s Chromax (black) other misc. Noctua chromax case fans. (secured)
    Control: Aquacomputer aquaero 6xt (current, awaiting reuse)
    Cooland: Aquacomputer Double protect, Clear (secured)

Case upgrades

Cold Zero midplate (secured)
    Cold Zero motherboard panel (secured)
    Cold Zero clear side window (secured)

All in all I think I restrained myself fairly well :D

will post up progress as things roll along. Hopefully get some pictures up soon as well :)

Here are some pictures of the core components
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for the water blocks and other eye candy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to cut down the cups on two Bitspower mod kits to make the rings clear the displays on the pumps for I could mount them to the dual pump top
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The color choice for the hard tube fittings. Figured I would continue with the red accents since I left team blue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019