IIC or not IIC...

Aethon

Horsemen
Well, it looks like PigGI is about to add my alltime favourite mech to MWO: The Highlander IIC.

I could care less about the (strangely reverse-joint) Jenner IIC, or the Hunchie, although the Orion IIC would be nice as well.

The thing is...with the gimped Gauss Rifle, and useless single-launcher LRM's, and crappy Clan weaponry, is it really a Highlander IIC?

I am thinking no, at the moment, but this sure is tempting. I love this mech in tabletop, I love the lore surrounding it, I love the way it looks, and I fap to it every night before I go to bed.

I just worry that it might suck me back in.

Aethon

Horsemen
Yeah, I agree with you both. What is even worse, is that the remaining members of the community are supporting a lot of the dumb decisions PigGI makes. In spite of how stupid it is, people apparently all like the Gauss Rifle change, and anyone who does not is an idiot now.

Welp...back to WoW, lol. At least the dev team there has an honest, up-front pay model, and listens to its customers.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Yeah, I agree with you both. What is even worse, is that the remaining members of the community are supporting a lot of the dumb decisions PigGI makes. In spite of how stupid it is, people apparently all like the Gauss Rifle change, and anyone who does not is an idiot now.

Welp...back to WoW, lol. At least the dev team there has an honest, up-front pay model, and listens to its customers.
What changes have they done to the Gauss Rifle? And I do agree, after they have hit the Omni `Mechs hard I have been waiting for the IIC versions and not sure what I will do. I know BK will yell at me if I get this package, and I know I do not want to support the shit they keep doing, but having the Highlander IIC with 3ERLL and a Gauss is just so sexy....

Badkarma

Horsemen
You can get any variant later in the grind dark, you know that. Dont waste your money on PGI. They have done nothing but betray us for the past 3 years.

Bar none I have put the most money in this game between all of us out of faith and hope. Let me tell ya it was a painful, dream crushing lession

Aethon

Horsemen
What changes have they done to the Gauss Rifle? And I do agree, after they have hit the Omni `Mechs hard I have been waiting for the IIC versions and not sure what I will do. I know BK will yell at me if I get this package, and I know I do not want to support the shit they keep doing, but having the Highlander IIC with 3ERLL and a Gauss is just so sexy....
The charge mechanic. It has GOT to go, if the Gauss Rifle is to be truly usable in multi-weapon builds. I used to run single Gauss Rifles on several mech builds that ran the GR, some lasers, and some missiles. When you are zipping around at 106kph in a Dragon with three weapon systems to manage, the last thing you need is for PGI to decide that the Gauss Rifle made too much sense the way it was, and add a trigger mechanism that the military would never use.

I mean...simply put, it is a self-loading weapon. Why would it not charge the capacitors while the next slug is being loaded (like it does in canon)? Why on earth would any weapon designer intentionally complicate the operator's life? That is typically one of the things they try to avoid, if at all possible.

Of course, if you ever mention this on the forums, the response all the idiots there parrot back to you is something along the lines of, "hurr durr you just can't manage a hold-and-release trigger, noob". Never mind the fast that the people who say that are typically the people who boat Gauss, never actually running them singly or mixed with other weaponry.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
Ya I wasn't a fan of the charge mechanic, my accuracy with it dropped massively when it came out. Like you it's not a primary weapon on my builds it.

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
You can get any variant later in the grind dark, you know that. Dont waste your money on PGI. They have done nothing but betray us for the past 3 years.

Bar none I have put the most money in this game between all of us out of faith and hope. Let me tell ya it was a painful, dream crushing lession
We're pretty close I money in ;), and yes I can grind them out but won't get that fancy Jenner or Highlander :(

Aethon

Horsemen
Ya I wasn't a fan of the charge mechanic, my accuracy with it dropped massively when it came out. Like you it's not a primary weapon on my builds it.
Ironically, their idea to stop people boating Gauss Rifles pretty much restricted its use to boat builds, lol. The only two mechs on which I still equip Gauss Rifles are my Ilya and Warhawk, which both run twin-Gauss builds these days (except when I go back to the 4CLPL Warhawk, anyway).