MWO 64-bit MWO client performance

Daneiel

Clansmen
First I am starting that treat here and if i am mistaken please excuse me .
Today i made a test with 64bit client and 32bit one - with 32bit i has 40 frames per second in testing grounds and with 64 one finally i managed to jump over 50 for a long time - 64bit one 80fps .
In short one really good step in the right direction from PGI - i think that needed to happened 2 years ago :) .

Badkarma

Horsemen
testing grounds does not really matter. I get over 270 fps in testing grounds for both.

in game fps is the same for me with 64 bit. though it seems the textures look a little better with the 64bit client. no idea why

Last edited:

Dark DeLaurel

Staff member
Kurultai
Horsemen
That's your eyes playing tricks. As I don't think MWO uses more than 3gb of vram. So no matter the amount of system ram used the textures should still look the same, unless they are actually rewriting code (I doubt).

BTW moving to proper forum

Daneiel

Clansmen
I don't remember well , but there was something about Cryengine , something about the 32-bit system and the video ram and 64 , but sadly i am not remember it , so in any case 64bit need to have better performance .

P.S. And BK the same 10-20 fps boost i have CS drops too not only in the training grounds .